This page includes:
– Private Mental Health Centers
– Community Mental Health Centers (Low income, Medicaid)
– Psychiatric Hospitals
– Partial Hospital Programs aka Day Treatment Centers
– Help for the Korean Community
– Residential Living Facilities, long-term
– Specialized Live-in Treatment Facilities
– For Philly-area Support Groups, click here.
– Drug Rehabs which also include MH issues
– Section 8 HUD Housing Apartments
PRIVATE MENTAL HEALTH CENTERS/DOCTORS – PHILA AREA
Abington Memorial Hospital – Jefferson – Behavioral Health Unit – Call 215-481-2525
Collaborative Care of Abington, 215-884-1776
Dr. David Abel, psychiatrist, in Doylestown and Jenkintown (Rydal). —-54 E. Oakland Avenue, Doylestown, PA 18901; 215-489-2998 —-1638 Amity Road, Rydal, PA 19046; 215-885-2911
Southampton Psychiatric Associates, Call 215-355-2011 – Located in Ivyland, PA
Psychiatrist Jerrold Bonn in Elkins Park. Medicare only. Call 215-635-3300
Beck Institute for Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Bala Cynwyd, PA, 610-664-3020
Growth Opportunity Center, 215-947-8654, Offices in Southampton, Richboro, Narberth
GKSW.com, Wyndmoor, PA – 215-233-3994
Council for Relationships, 14 locations, 215-382-6680.
SRI Psychological Services, Jenkintown & Philadelphia, 215-885-3337
Ron Lewis Associates, Fort Washington, PA, 215-643-0200
Life Counseling Services 800-882-2799
Holy Redeemer Counseling Center, adjustable fees, Huntingdon Valley, PA 19006. 215-938-1130.
Internet Behavioral Counseling, Offices in Plymouth Mtg – Call 610-265-6464, x 3.
Trevose, Call 267-699 3000
Kellie Wicklund, MA, NCP, LPN, Abington PA. Becoming a mom, and more.
Crystal Group Associates, Wyndmoor, PA, 215-233-3999
Barry Lessin, M.Ed., CAADC of Fort Washington, 215-694-9146. Includes addiction, MH issues
COMMUNITY MENTAL HEALTH CENTERS (PUBLIC)
Bucks County Dept. of Mental Health 215-444-2800. Located in The Atrium, Street Road & Louis Drive, Warminster. PARENT organization of:
– Penn Foundation in Sellersville, 215-257-6551
– Lenape Foundation in Doylestown, 215-345-5300
– Penndel MH Center in Penndel, 215-752-1541
Montgomery County Dept. of Behavioral Health 610-278-3642. Located in Norristown. PARENT organization of:
– Creekwood has closed.
– Central Montgomery County, located in Norristown, also serving Plymouth Mtg & Bryn Mawr) call 610-277-9420
– Creative Health Services of Pottstown, also serving Western Montco, call 610-326- 2767
– NHS of Lansdale, call 215-368-2022
– Lower Merion Counseling Center of Bryn Mawr call 610-649-6512
– Penn Foundation of Sellersville, call 215-257-6551
Brooke Glen Beh’l Health Hospital, Fort Washington, PA, 215-641-5300
Friends Hospital, Northeast Philadelphia, 215-831-4600
Horsham Clinic, Ambler, PA, 215-643-7800
Belmont Center, Philadelphia, 1-800-EINSTEIN
Lower Bucks Hospital, Bristol, PA 215-785-9521
Bryn Mawr Hospital, Bryn Mawr, PA 484-337-3000. We’ve heard good reports.
Abington Memorial Hospital, Abington, PA 215-481-2000. Mixes MH and Dementia.
Fairmont Behavioral Health, Philadelphia, 800-235-0200.
University of PA, Philadelphia Have not heard good reports.
PARTIAL HOSPITAL PROGRAMS aka Day Treatment Programs
Often when an individual is released from an expensive hospital stay, they need further treatment. The “partial” or day treatment center is such a place. Read this fascinating article from a 1987 Inquirer article about the partial and its invention in Soviet Russia!
Horsham Clinic Partial 215-643-7800
American Day Treatment Programs – Drexel Hill (Delaware County) 484-476-7520 Exton (Chester Co) 484-565-8200
DRUG REHABS which also include Mental Health
Malvern Institute, Willow Grove campus. Call 888-643-3869
Eagleville Hospital, Eagleville, PA. Call 800-255-2019
HELP FOR THE KOREAN COMMUNITY
Montgomery County Women’s Center – Call 215-635-7340
Korean hot line – 215-595-4176.
Korean psychiatrist Dr. Chung 215-641-5323
RESIDENTIAL FACILITIES FOR PEOPLE WITH MENTAL ILLNESS
This section contains:
Resources to help you find a place, plus Philadelphia area Residential Housing, plus long-distance housing
You may wish to contact your loved one’s case manager, therapist, or psychiatrist to assist you.
Looking for a place for your loved one or yourself? Google “Residential facilities mental illness Bucks County Montgomery County”
There are several types of places:
– The mental health program in the County may offer its own type of communal apartment living. Contact your County to find these.
– Small, independently-run residences, such as a room in a boarding home, are also available. Since the residents are relatively high-functioning, there is little or no help from staff.
– Facilities set up specifically for very disabled individuals, such as the Vikas Home in Ambler.
– Residential/treatment facilities such as Project Transition where clients are set up in communal apartments and put on schedules that encourage them to leave the community to do volunteer work.
– NOTE: In general, there are two types of facilities. One facility offers Treatment, as the patient will eventually return home. The other type is a permanent residential facility. Both are listed below.
Also, people w/mental illness are often put in with substance abusers. Check to make sure your facility holds only people with mental illness. These are two types of psychiatric disorders that are best treated separately.
Resources to help find housing include:
Lenape Valley Foundation, in Doylestown, 215-345-5300. Speak to someone about residential facilities.
Penndel Mental Health Center, Penndel, PA Bucks County, 215-752-1541.
Bucks County Human Services, parent organization of Penndel, 800-499-7455
Salisbury Behavioral Services in PA – supportive independent living facility in Glenside, two personal care homes (Glenside and Abington) and a CRR in Willow Grove. Two supportive independent living facilities in Warrington, for women only.
Montgomery County Office of Behavioral Health, Norristown, PA.
RESIDENTIAL HOUSING IN THE PHILA AREA – often called “CRRs” or Community Residential Rehabilitation.
Project Transition, residential treatment facility in Phila.
Access Services for mentally ill plus other disabilities. Main Office in Fort Washington, PA. Call 215-540-2150.
Lamb Foundation, North Wales, PA. Call 215-699-5600
Vikas Home for severely mentally ill/disabled, family-owned, Margaret Noble, 3 Lindenwald Terrace, Ambler PA. Call (215) 646-3853. Highly recommended for severely mentally ill.
Circle Lodge of Norristown, PA. Long-term housing. Call 610-275-1280.
RESIDENTIAL TREATMENT AWAY FROM HOME. Check each one for age and eligibility criteria. Very expensive.
SPECIALIZED LIVE-IN TREATMENT FACILITIES
Keystone Adolescent Center Philadelphia
SECTION 8 HUD HOUSING